front page MSc Environmental Sciences
If you are not a citizen of Spain, please choose the right country at the top of the page.
Environmental Sciences is designed for students who want to take up the challenge of finding innovative methods to improve the state of the environment, and sustainable solutions to the threats facing it. The programme has its roots in natural, technological and social sciences. It aims at providing insight into the socio-economic causes, the characteristics and the consequences of pollution and degradation of the natural environment, and their effects on human beings, other organisms and ecosystems. By taking an interdisciplinary approach, students learn to develop analytical tools and models, environmental technologies and socio-political and economic instruments to prevent and control environmental problems. Most graduates enter careers in environmental consultancy, research and management, while others are involved in policy development and higher education. There is a growing interest in the Netherlands and abroad in graduates who can link their multidisciplinary scientific knowledge of the environment to the technological or political insights required to meet the environmental challenges faced by the world today.
• Environmental Quality
• Environmental Systems Analysis
• Environmental Management and Policy
• Environmental Technology
The MSc Environmental Sciences is intended for students who seek a career as an academic professional or scientist. The labour market is extremely well at the moment and graduates can find their job either during or shortly after their study.
The jobs of earlier graduates
Graduates find jobs at many different organizations. Professional job possibilities can be found at:
- universities, both in the Netherlands and abroad
- research institutes such as ECN (Energy research Centre of The Netherlands) and TNO (Institute of Environmental Science) or comparable institutes abroad
- (Dutch) ministries like Agriculture, Nature and Food quality (LNV), Housing, Spatial Planning and the Environment (VROM)
- regional and local authorities such as provinces and municipalities
- engineer- and consultancy bodies, like Royal Haskoning, Arcadis and DHV