front page BSc Architectural Technology and Construction Management
Lillebaelt Academy of Professional Higher Education
If you are not a citizen of Spain, please choose the right country at the top of the page.
Working with construction from idea and drawing till finishing of the building project
This educational programme takes 3½ years to complete. You may choose to graduate after only 2 years with an AP degree Programme in Construction Technology, giving you 120 ECTS points. This educational programme consists of the first four semesters of the Architectural Technology and Construction Management programme.
The education may look a little like the architect or the engineer, but the difference can be described as organizational skills. The architect works with aesthetics, the engineer with the physics and the constructing architect with the organizational part.
The Academy is situated in the very heart of Odense. At school we also have a book shop and a cafeteria.
During this educational programme you will use the computer a lot. We emphasize that the graduates from the Academy have excellent skills using the newest computer technology in their work. But we will teach you all that. We have no demands concerning your computer skills before applying. You will get your own computer in the class room. If you for some reason want to buy your own computer to use at home, please ask the student counsellor about the minimum specifications for computers in order to be used for college assignments.
Most of the teaching will be in class with your class mates, but now and then there will be lectures together with the other classes.
In class you will find many different students who have worked either mostly with books and theory or mostly in the field as craftsmen. Due to this mix of backgrounds in class the work groups are strong and dynamic with a wide spectrum of competences. The students help each other using their skills best way possible.
Working as a Constructing Architect
JobAs a Constructing Architect you are taught to be generalist within the fields of architectural technology, construction management, building surveying and facilities management.
- Projection/planning: You are responsible of the practical and technical planning regarding the choice of materials and constructions.
- Project management: You have a general knowledge of all parts of the building project - from the initial rough design to the completed building. You are aware of the legislation and it is your responsibility to accomplish the project within the known budgets and time limits.
- Structural construction: You will be able to analyze the requirements concerning each individual construction element.
- Co-ordination and planning: You will be coordinating and planning the structural project in cooperation with all the involved parties as architects, engineers and public authorities.
- Communication: You will be able to communicate with both architects at the drawing office as well as with the craftspeople and the contractors
at the building site – you are the connecting link between idea and action!
Job possibilities Constructing Architect
You will have the qualifications to work within the contracting business, in architect’s drawing offices, with consulting engineering companies or within the public authorities. International organisations are gradually using constructing architects as well. Finally you may want to establish your own company!
Job possibilities Building Engineer
As a building engineer you will have a broad variety of job possibilities within the same working areas as the constructing architect. The tasks will however not be as individually independent and detailed as for the constructing architect.