front page BSc Computer Science
TOMSK Polytechnic University
If you are not a citizen of United States, please choose the right country at the top of the page.
The program is designed to:
- Enable students to achieve competence in the following major areas: software engineering, database and information systems, communications and Networks, Internet and Web design, modeling and problem solving, computer applications. This programme covers the general areas of communication, processing and display of information via computers.
- Provide students with comprehensive understanding of current methods and practices relating to the computer application, relevant organizational, managerial and other business issues which enable them to understand the role of computers in business.
- Develop intellectua,l personal, and business skills, self-confidence, and self-motivation.
- Develop the ability to work effectively as an individual and as a member of a team.
- Facilitate the integration of academic knowledge and practical work experience.
- Provide students with the skills which will enable them to advance their professional standing through further work experience.
- Prepare graduates to acquirehigh- responsibility positions and carry out productive roles in society.
- Industry (different areas)
- Business (commerce, financial services)
- Electronic publishing and all aspects of the communication industry via Internet
- Science and research
Graduates work as programmers, experts in systems analysis, designers in data administration and other areas.