avaleht BA Leisure Management (Campus Roskilde)
Zealand Institute of Business And Technology
If you are not a citizen of Estonia, please choose the right country at the top of the page.
Do you want to pursue a career within event, tourism, sports or leisure?
Roskilde Business College offers you a bachelor programme in Leisure Management. The Bachelor of Leisure Management is a unique programme aimed at the event, tourism, sports and hospitality sectors. The programme opens a door to an exciting world and you will experience a study environment focused on your needs. Included in your 3½-year bachelor-degree will be a 6-month internship.
Generalist or specialist?
The Bachelor programme in Leisure Management gives you the option of either a broad study of the various kinds of leisure business, or specialisation in a particular area of the leisure industry. In the course of the programme, you can choose between the following specialisations:
– Leisure Management (generalist) – Tourism Management
– Sports Management
– Event Management
You achieve a particular specialisation through your electives, your choice of company for the internship, and your choice of subject for your final bachelor thesis. You make these choices about halfway through the programme, which gives you ample opportunity to get to know the programme and the different subject areas, before you choose your specialisation.
We live in a world in which spare time is more than just time off. Increasingly, we want enjoyment and adventure instead of just relaxing and “time off”. Adding value to goods by means of dreams, promises and positive associations has become essential to the success of a product. As a result, the leisure economy is growing more than any other sector in the world. And the need for competent managers and staff members is going only one way – and that is up!
The Leisure Industry
There is an increasing demand for quality leisure activities in the shape of holidays, sports events, concerts, theatre and opera performances, art exhibitions, amusement parks and shopping. The ultimate success of a product or service is determined by the amount of excitement and enjoyment associated with its use or consumption. The need for competent employers and employees is urgent.
The Programme - Upon Graduation
The Bachelor of Leisure Management
is a theoretical and practical degree programme. Its purpose is to enable students to obtain a theoretical and practical basis for carrying out various business jobs in the leisure industry at both national and international levels.
The purpose of the course is to educate bachelors in Leisure Management who can carry out duties related to events, tourism, sports or hospitality in the marketplace, independently and professionally – with focus on small and medium-sized businesses and especially in the field of international business-to-business sales.
The programme aims at ensuring graduates direct entry into professional
What is special about this programme?
– The business of the leisure industry in an integrated degree programme with a practical/theoretical approach.
– The accomplishment of projects related to marketing and economics in the leisure field. You will learn theory while testing it in practice during the 6th semester. You will be assigned to one or more business establishments during your studies.
– The experience of an intimate study environment where students work closely together, and with a staff that is always there for you.
– English as the language of communication from day one, providing an international study environment.
– Problem-solving will be your specialty, based on solid academic, practical and linguistic experience. You will be an asset in tomorrow’s labour market.
– You will be in a study environment that encompasses diversity, clarity, energy and intimacy all at the same time.
– There will be lots of opportunities to meet students doing other degrees through social activities and inter-disciplinary education.
Accreditation and opportunities for further education
The Bachelor of Leisure Management provides access to relevant master degree programmes at a number of universities and business schools in Denmark. In addition to Danish universities, you will also have a wide range of opportunities for further education in other countries, especially in Europe, since the programme is ECTS-accredited. Please note that you may be subject to residence permit regulations in other European countries.
During the programme, you will learn to develop and launch activity projects. You will gain both practical and theoretical insights into the various aspects of the leisure industry, as well as skills in marketing, management and economics.