domov MSc Human Management and Organization
HEC Management School - University of Liege
If you are not a citizen of Slovakia, please choose the right country at the top of the page.
The programme is Masters degree in Management Sciences with specialisation in Human Management and Organization.
Through the specialization students can acquire the following skills:
- analyze an issue of an enterprise or organization in terms of human capital management and organization of work;
- identify the internal and external stakeholders involved;
take into account the factors of the external context (legislation, socio-cultural context, employment market, economic and technological contexts);
- decipher the stakes involved in human management and organization;
- set up management indicators and dashboards permitting diagnostics to be made and objectives to be fixed and evaluated;
- explore in-depth the main tools/steps/policies of HRM and organizational analysis and gain an understanding of their practical application through case studies, guest speakers in the courses, internships and thesis projects.
identify the interactions between these tools/steps/policies and the company's or organization's other functions as well as their impact on the company's or organization's strategy;
- measure the impact of the policies introduced in this way;
- develop proposals for action which could relate to HRM tools and policies and the organization of the work.
The specialization will therefore put the accent on developing strategic thinking, on the structure of HRM and the organization of work in the other basic management disciplines, on the development and use of dashboards and management indicators which can be used in strategic decision making, on the use of IT systems (e-HRM), etc.
There will be a great deal of interconnection between the projects and research topics of professors in this subject area, the internships and thesis projects of students, in line with the peaks of excellence approach.
An annual meeting will be organized with representatives of the ADP (Liege Association of Human Resource Managers) to determine which subjects are of interest to their members. Every year, the ADP awards a prize to the best thesis project. Furthermore, students can get involved in two annual seminars organized in conjunction with the ADP.
Career opportunitiesThis specialization trains students to do the following jobs:
- human resources professionals able to work in operational or strategic roles linked to the management of human resources and the organization of work,
- managers in positions of responsibility in various services and departments, where a part of their workload involves the management of work teams and the instituting of productive, efficient work systems.